Folders

  • Kenton Ayers
    Message 1 of 17 , May 21 1:48 PM
      It's probably my ignorance, but if not, I'd like to make a suggestion. I use filters and folders to sort incoming mail. I have several filters and folders. I sometimes want to open different folders in different tabs, but haven't figured out how to do that. Is it possible? If not, can I suggest that be an option, possibly a right click option on the folder name, to open folder contents in a new tab?
    • James
      Message 2 of 17 , May 21 6:05 PM
        This is not a current feature, although I wish it were. I think it
        would be best implemented by allowing a double-click to open a folder
        in a new tab. This would be good for contacts and RSS... as well.
        Middle click is good because it keeps it consistent with opening
        messages, and right-click already does the menu.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenton Ayers <kenton.ayers@...> wrote:

        > It's probably my ignorance, but if not, I'd like to make a
        suggestion. I use filters and folders to sort incoming mail. I have
        several filters and folders. I sometimes want to open different
        folders in different tabs, but haven't figured out how to do that. Is
        it possible? If not, can I suggest that be an option, possibly a right
        click option on the folder name, to open folder contents in a new tab?

      • Aida
        Message 3 of 17 , May 21 7:01 PM
          I'm hoping that they will also include sub folders....

          ~Gooch

          This is not a current feature, although I wish it were. I think it
          would be best implemented by allowing a double-click to open a folder
          in a new tab. This would be good for contacts and RSS... as well.
          Middle click is good because it keeps it consistent with opening
          messages, and right-click already does the menu.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Kenton Ayers <kenton.ayers@ ...> wrote:

          > It's probably my ignorance, but if not, I'd like to make a
          suggestion. I use filters and folders to sort incoming mail. I have
          several filters and folders. I sometimes want to open different
          folders in different tabs, but haven't figured out how to do that. Is
          it possible? If not, can I suggest that be an option, possibly a right
          click option on the folder name, to open folder contents in a new tab?

        • Frankie Luo
          Message 4 of 17 , May 22 4:09 AM
            For me, I want "tags" feature.

            Regards

            Have a nice day!
            Frankie
            op1 4

            I'm hoping that they will also include sub folders....

            ~Gooch

            This is not a current feature, although I wish it were. I think it
            would be best implemented by allowing a double-click to open a folder
            in a new tab. This would be good for contacts and RSS... as well.
            Middle click is good because it keeps it consistent with opening
            messages, and right-click already does the menu.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Kenton Ayers <kenton.ayers@ ...> wrote:

            > It's probably my ignorance, but if not, I'd like to make a
            suggestion. I use filters and folders to sort incoming mail. I have
            several filters and folders. I sometimes want to open different
            folders in different tabs, but haven't figured out how to do that. Is
            it possible? If not, can I suggest that be an option, possibly a right
            click option on the folder name, to open folder contents in a new tab?

            Building a website is a piece of cake.
          • Dan Hawkins
            Message 5 of 17 , May 22 7:51 AM
              I too would LOVE to have subfolders.  That is one of the huge features that is missing from the Yahoo interface.  Right now, the ability to organize information is very flat and hampered.  Glad to see this topic come up again.

              DanH

              Message 6 of 17 , May 22 4:23 PM
                I think subfolders would be a good addition as well. They would be
                easy to use w/ Y! mail beta's drag and drop functionality. They are
                the only big feature that Oddpost had and Y! doesn't. Also, a long
                time ago I read on a Y! help site that subfolders would be added to Y!
                mail beta due to large demand. It has since been removed.

                -- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Dan Hawkins <danhawkins81@...> wrote:

                > I too would LOVE to have subfolders. That is one of the huge
                features that is missing from the Yahoo interface. Right now, the
                ability to organize information is very flat and hampered. Glad to
                see this topic come up again.

                > DanH

                mail, news, photos more.

              • compbred
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 28, 2007
                  I created a number of folders and use filters to direct certain mail
                  to them. My problem is this ...when I open my mailbox, instead of
                  opening in "Inbox" it always defaults to a folder I have named
                  "Health". I don't want it to default to this folder ... I want it to
                  default to "Inbox". I have spent ages searching Yahoo Help but cannot
                  find any way to change the default. Please help me someone.
                • Gordon Campbell
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 30, 2007
                    Still no one seems to have a suggestion for this problem I posted several days ago:

                    I created a number of folders and use filters to direct certain mail
                    to them. My problem is this ...when I open my mailbox, instead of
                    opening in "Inbox" it always defaults to a folder I have named
                    "Health". I don't want it to default to this folder ... I want it to
                    default to "Inbox". I have spent ages searching Yahoo Help but cannot
                    find any way to change the default. Please help me someone.

                    Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now.

                  • Ryan Kennedy
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 31, 2007
                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gordon Campbell <compbred@...> wrote:
                      > I created a number of folders and use filters to direct certain mail
                      > to them. My problem is this ...when I open my mailbox, instead of
                      > opening in "Inbox" it always defaults to a folder I have named
                      > "Health". I don't want it to default to this folder ... I want it to
                      > default to "Inbox". I have spent ages searching Yahoo Help but cannot
                      > find any way to change the default. Please help me someone.

                      Are you using the new Yahoo! Mail or the Classic Yahoo! Mail? Are you accessing it through a
                      bookmark? I can't think of any good reason why it would drop you into a folder other than
                      the Inbox...I've never seen it do that before.

                      Ryan Kennedy
                    • Gordon Campbell
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 31, 2007
                        Ryan I am using Classic which is accessed from desktop icon. I would use New but it forces me to accept American news and other stuff from the States and I don't want that.  If I have to have that crap I want Australian crap which I can get with Gmail.

                        Ryan Kennedy <rckenned@...> wrote:
                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Gordon Campbell <compbred@.. .> wrote:
                        > I created a number of folders and use filters to direct certain mail
                        > to them. My problem is this ...when I open my mailbox, instead of
                        > opening in "Inbox" it always defaults to a folder I have named
                        > "Health". I don't want it to default to this folder ... I want it to
                        > default to "Inbox". I have spent ages searching Yahoo Help but cannot
                        > find any way to change the default. Please help me someone.

                        Are you using the new Yahoo! Mail or the Classic Yahoo! Mail? Are you accessing it through a
                        bookmark? I can't think of any good reason why it would drop you into a folder other than
                        the Inbox...I've never seen it do that before.

                        Ryan Kennedy

                        Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now.

                      • Sasafrass
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 31, 2007
                          If you want Australian information, you should get a .au account.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 31, 2007
                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gordon Campbell <compbred@...> wrote:
                            > Ryan I am using Classic which is accessed from desktop icon. I would use
                            > New but it forces me to accept American news and other stuff from the States
                            > and I don't want that. If I have to have that crap I want Australian crap which
                            > I can get with Gmail.

                            What happens if you just open your browser and go to http://mail.yahoo.com/? Do you end
                            up going to the folder still? If not, it might be something in that desktop icon.

                            Ryan Kennedy
                          • Gordon Campbell
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 1, 2007
                              You nailed it Ryan ... in the Desktop Icon apparently. As soon as I deleted the icon and set up a bookmark, problem solved.  Took Sass' advice and added .au and that fixed the USA news crap prob. Thanks you two little geniuses (couldn't find plural of genius so guessed)

                              Ryan Kennedy <rckenned@...> wrote:
                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Gordon Campbell <compbred@.. .> wrote:
                              > Ryan I am using Classic which is accessed from desktop icon. I would use
                              > New but it forces me to accept American news and other stuff from the States
                              > and I don't want that. If I have to have that crap I want Australian crap which
                              > I can get with Gmail.

                              What happens if you just open your browser and go to http://mail. yahoo.com/ ? Do you end
                              up going to the folder still? If not, it might be something in that desktop icon.

                              Ryan Kennedy

                              Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now.

                            • oldtrout
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 18, 2008
                                Is there a way to have sub-folders in the folders?

                                Thanks
                              • Jerry J
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 25, 2011
                                  What happened to mail being placed in a folder with the push of
                                  a number. If you placed a # (1-9) in front of a folder then checked
                                  that email and hit enter it would place that email in that folder.
                                  It no longer works or at least not on my computer.

                                  jaj
                                • Kenny
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 26, 2011
                                    First select the messages with a checkmark, then enter the letter D and the desired folder number.

                                    The folders don't need to be numbered by name. They will be assigned a number alphabetically. To see the assignment, click on the "move selected emails to folders" icon/button. It is located above the messages listing between the Spam and Print buttons.

                                    Kenny

                                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry J" <jaj430@...> wrote:

                                    > What happened to mail being placed in a folder with the push of
                                    > a number. If you placed a # (1-9) in front of a folder then checked
                                    > that email and hit enter it would place that email in that folder.
                                    > It no longer works or at least not on my computer.
                                    >
                                    > jaj

                                  • Jerry J
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Oct 26, 2011
                                      Thank you