Please add option to hide checkbox (or any other) column

  • mjk4984
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2007
      I just got the update with checkboxes and it looks ugly. I wish there
      was a way to hide that column or any other column for that matter.

      I also wish there was a way to reorder the columns.
    • lmaziere
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2007
        Oh yes ! I just got this ugly column too. Please remove it or let me
        do it ! I see the selection well, why duplicate selection state into
        checkboxes that waste space, are useless and disturb my sight ?

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

        > I just got the update with checkboxes and it looks ugly. I wish there
        > was a way to hide that column or any other column for that matter.
        >
        > I also wish there was a way to reorder the columns.

      • Will Dawson
        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2007
          I agree. It would be good to hide any column.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

          > I just got the update with checkboxes and it looks ugly. I wish there
          > was a way to hide that column or any other column for that matter.
          >
          > I also wish there was a way to reorder the columns.

        • Brent
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2007
            I really like the check boxes. For those of that surf with the mouse,
            it is a necessity. I can't believe they are going to remove it after
            all the requests that we had for it here in this group. It is so easy
            to check several messages and then drag them to a folder. We now have
            the best of both worlds.

            Brent

            On 5/2/07, Will Dawson <william_n_dawson@...> wrote:
            > I agree. It would be good to hide any column.
            >
            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I just got the update with checkbooks and it looks ugly. I wish there
            > > was a way to hide that column or any other column for that matter.
            > >
            > > I also wish there was a way to reorder the columns.
            > >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 11 , May 2, 2007
              Where have you heard that they're going to remove the check boxes?

              Jeff
              You may be right...I may be crazy!!--Billy Joel

              I really like the check boxes. For those of that surf with the mouse,
              it is a necessity. I can't believe they are going to remove it after
              all the requests that we had for it here in this group. It is so easy
              to check several messages and then drag them to a folder. We now have
              the best of both worlds.

              Brent

              Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
            • Tim Jubinville
              Message 6 of 11 , May 2, 2007
                I haven't heard that. It would surpriseme though because so many user are not comfortable with the ctrl+click thingy

                Tim

                Message 7 of 11 , May 2, 2007
                  There are no plans to remove the checkboxes right now, so don't worry ;)

                  My Yahoo Group- Sassy's Corner
                  IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 2, 2007
                    Just poor choice of words. I need to read what I type a little better. Some were asking for the check boxes to be removed or hidden. What I was trying to say is I do not believe  Yahoo will do either.

                    Brent

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 2, 2007
                      Are they going to make it an opiton to remove it/keep it or are they
                      taking it off perminatly. I was use to the crt + click and the shft +
                      click but since the checkboxes, I rarely do that anymore. The
                      chexboxes should stay!

                      Daynell

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Tim Jubinville <scientifix94@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I haven't heard that. It would surpriseme though because so many
                      user are not comfortable with the ctrl+click thingy

                      > Tim

                      junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at
                      http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca

                    • Paul
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 5, 2007
                        I really do not like the check boxes because it looks cheap. I thought
                        the whole point of the Yahoo Mail beta was to give it a more Outlook
                        appearance. It was this move that made me change Yahoo Mail to my
                        primary email. The check boxes gives it the old primitave look. How
                        hard is it to ctrl and click to select them? I do it every day in
                        Windows Explorer. It is a standard feature to all Windows based
                        programs.

                        Paul
                      • Tim Jubinville
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 6, 2007
                          Some people have more trouble with it... But I agree... put it as an option

                          Tim