Spam filter for pop accounts

  • Hank Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2007
      I have two non-Yahoo pop accounts that I had set up for Yahoo to check. For various reasons, they receive a lot of spam. Unfortunately, non-Yahoo pop accounts aren't run through Yahoo's spam filter and it was creating a lot of problems, manually going through and deleting the spam to find the important emails.

      Out of desperation, I have now moved those accounts to the gmail account that I kept just for kicks. Amazingly, gmail runs all the accounts it checks through their spam filters. Now my spam problems on those accounts are virtually non-existent. The problem is that that is really the only thing I like about gmail. In fact, I don't find much about gmail that I like at all. I much prefer the Yahoo interface and capabilities and will maintain my yahoo account as my primary email, but I will be forced to use to gmail for non-Yahoo accounts.

      The point is that I would like to beg, plead, whatever that Yahoo mail begin running non-Yahoo pop accounts through the Yahoo spam filters (which works quite well with my Yahoo mail account). If that was done, I could move all my accounts back to Yahoo which would be my great preference. Thanks!

      Hank
    • ontokyotime
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2007
        Could you now POP from Gmail into Yahoo! Mail?

        Outsourcing the spam filtering. Genius! ;)

        O.
      • mailzentrale
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2007
          And please give us a "pop mail fetcher" that will automatically check
          pop3 accounts for new mails every hour or so (shorter period like 5
          minutes for Mail Plus users).

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Hank Anderson <hankanderson@...> wrote:

          > I have two non-Yahoo pop accounts that I had set up for Yahoo to
          check. For various reasons, they receive a lot of spam.
          Unfortunately, non-Yahoo pop accounts aren't run through Yahoo's spam
          filter and it was creating a lot of problems, manually going through
          and deleting the spam to find the important emails.

          > Out of desperation, I have now moved those accounts to the gmail
          account that I kept just for kicks. Amazingly, gmail runs all the
          accounts it checks through their spam filters. Now my spam problems
          on those accounts are virtually non-existent. The problem is that
          that is really the only thing I like about gmail. In fact, I don't
          find much about gmail that I like at all. I much prefer the Yahoo
          interface and capabilities and will maintain my yahoo account as my
          primary email, but I will be forced to use to gmail for non-Yahoo
          accounts.

          > The point is that I would like to beg, plead, whatever that Yahoo
          mail begin running non-Yahoo pop accounts through the Yahoo spam
          filters (which works quite well with my Yahoo mail account). If that
          was done, I could move all my accounts back to Yahoo which would be
          my great preference. Thanks!

          > Hank

        • tifrusti
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2007
            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mailzentrale" <starlightgroup@...> wrote:

            > And please give us a "pop mail fetcher" that will automatically check
            > pop3 accounts for new mails every hour or so (shorter period like 5
            > minutes for Mail Plus users).
            >

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Hank Anderson <hankanderson@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have two non-Yahoo pop accounts that I had set up for Yahoo to
            > check. For various reasons, they receive a lot of spam.
            > Unfortunately, non-Yahoo pop accounts aren't run through Yahoo's spam
            > filter and it was creating a lot of problems, manually going through
            > and deleting the spam to find the important emails.
            > >
            > > Out of desperation, I have now moved those accounts to the gmail
            > account that I kept just for kicks. Amazingly, gmail runs all the
            > accounts it checks through their spam filters. Now my spam problems
            > on those accounts are virtually non-existent. The problem is that
            > that is really the only thing I like about gmail. In fact, I don't
            > find much about gmail that I like at all. I much prefer the Yahoo
            > interface and capabilities and will maintain my yahoo account as my
            > primary email, but I will be forced to use to gmail for non-Yahoo
            > accounts.
            > >
            > > The point is that I would like to beg, plead, whatever that Yahoo
            > mail begin running non-Yahoo pop accounts through the Yahoo spam
            > filters (which works quite well with my Yahoo mail account). If that
            > was done, I could move all my accounts back to Yahoo which would be
            > my great preference. Thanks!
            > >
            > > Hank

            I agree 110%. I love the way Gmail handles POP accounts. However,
            Yahoo Mail does a better job with everything else. This is one area
            that the Y! Beta should really look into. There might be a a number
            of users who would be willing to pay for it as a premium feature.

            Todd