Re: [Y-Mail] Slow to load...

  • Kortedrea Mitchell
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
      hi

      Henrico <henricopit@...> wrote:
      Same here.

      0.6.2 (f308)

      Henrico

      --
      Nits fansite:
      http://www.nitsmusi c.net
      Muziekblog:

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Ian <fsips@yahoo. com>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com
      Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 5:42:03 AM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Slow to load...

      I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I login, Mail BETA loads
      quicker than in previous versions, but it take around like 5 seconds
      extra until you can actually click on anything on the page (inbox,
      links, etc...)

      I'm not recieving any notable error, but this lag on loading is quite
      annoying.

      Just thought I'd inform just incase it hasn't been mentioned yet.

      Thanks,

      - Ian

              Mz. Tedrea AKA Mz. Phaty

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

    • mailzentrale
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
        Yahoo! Mail seams to load a preview of the inbox, then refreshes and
        the "real" inbox appears.

        Well, I don't care too much about the loading speed. What I really
        don't like are mail delivery delays.

        Sometimes I have to wait hours for an email to be delivered to my
        Yahoo! Mail account. Are Yahoo! Mail servers very slow from time to
        time? Are there anti-spam methods like "greylisting" at work that don't
        like some of the mails I want to receive?

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <fsips@...> wrote:

        > I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I login, Mail BETA loads
        > quicker than in previous versions, but it take around like 5 seconds
        > extra until you can actually click on anything on the page (inbox,
        > links, etc...)
        >
        > I'm not recieving any notable error, but this lag on loading is quite
        > annoying.
        >
        > Just thought I'd inform just incase it hasn't been mentioned yet.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > - Ian

      • Ryan Kennedy
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28, 2007
          --- Ian <fsips@...> wrote:
          > I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I
          > login, Mail BETA loads
          > quicker than in previous versions, but it take
          > around like 5 seconds
          > extra until you can actually click on anything on
          > the page (inbox,
          > links, etc...)

          The application takes a quick pass at rendering a
          quick initial view of your welcome page (for free
          users) or your inbox (for premium users). Once it's
          loaded so you can see it, it finishes loading the
          remaining components so you can interact with it.

          Ryan Kennedy
          Yahoo! Mail
        • Henrico
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 28, 2007
            I'm not sure if this is really a step forward, Ryan. It's a little bit annoying when I see the messages, but I can't open them or delete them. It's nothing more than a preview. Then I prefer to see a loading page for a couple of seconds.

            Henrico

            --
            Nits fansite:
            http://www.nitsmusic.net

            > I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I
            > login, Mail BETA loads
            > quicker than in previous versions, but it take
            > around like 5 seconds
            > extra until you can actually click on anything on
            > the page (inbox,
            > links, etc...)

            The application takes a quick pass at rendering a
            quick initial view of your welcome page (for free
            users) or your inbox (for premium users). Once it's
            loaded so you can see it, it finishes loading the
            remaining components so you can interact with it.

            Ryan Kennedy
            Yahoo! Mail

          • Nancy J
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29, 2007
              Thanks for this explanation. I was getting frustrated with being able to see my inbox and when I'd start to click on anything -- viola -- suddenly being rerouted to the "resolution error" page.

              I must admit -- I don't see the point of this though. For me, I thought it was some kind weird error because of my slow box and my small monitor.

              L8!
              Nancy J
              Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

              "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
              India Arie

              "Truth is anything I agree with"
              www.cindyalexander.com

              http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

              The application takes a quick pass at rendering a
              quick initial view of your welcome page (for free
              users) or your inbox (for premium users). Once it's
              loaded so you can see it, it finishes loading the
              remaining components so you can interact with it.

              Ryan Kennedy
              Yahoo! Mail

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Olivier Laurent
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                Basically, the loading time of Yahoo Mail Beta has not improved since the last big release, instead, you get the appearance of a fast loading page, but in the background, loading still continues, preventing you to do anything in the mean time (except maybe read the news headlines)...

                On 29 Apr 2007 15:23:29 -0000, Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com > wrote:
                There are 7 messages in this issue.

                3b. Re: Slow to load...
                    Posted by: "Henrico" henricopit@... henricopit
                    Date: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:33 pm ((PDT))

                I'm not sure if this is really a step forward, Ryan. It's a little bit annoying when I see the messages, but I can't open them or delete them. It's nothing more than a preview. Then I prefer to see a loading page for a couple of seconds.

                Henrico

              • forever1940
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                  I agree - this new "Feature" is annoying.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Nancy J <ordinaryfoolisnj@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for this explanation. I was getting frustrated with being
                  able to see my inbox and when I'd start to click on anything --
                  viola -- suddenly being rerouted to the "resolution error" page.

                  > I must admit -- I don't see the point of this though. For me, I
                  thought it was some kind weird error because of my slow box and my
                  small monitor.

                  > L8!
                  > Nancy J
                  > Ordinaryfoolisnj@...
                  >
                  > "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives
                  within."
                  > India Arie
                  >
                  > "Truth is anything I agree with"
                  > www.cindyalexander.com
                  >
                  > http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

                • Todd Richardson
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 1, 2007
                    I have observed the following in the last 2-3 weeks:

                    As reported before, iexplore memory usage of 55,000k or more in the
                    taskmanager. Bigger than Outlook. Only browser window open is
                    YMail.

                    At least a dozen times a day:
                    We're sorry, but there appears to be a problem loading the
                    message "X". Click here to try again

                    Repeatedly, "Loading Folder" delatys in minutes, not seconds, when I
                    navigate to view a folder. This has almost never happened when
                    navigating back to the inbox.

                    Contacts not populating in address pulldown (where you can type a
                    partial address and YMail finds them. Have to find the address
                    through contacts, or close new message, and start the compoe process
                    again, sometimes it works if I try more than once.

                    I have not noticed this before in the beta, especially not to this
                    degree, and I am a huge fan of the beta. But these things just make
                    working in mail a PITA. I'm tempted to go back to classic just to
                    be able to manage email and the time I spend on it.

                    Todd

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Olivier Laurent"