Slow to load...

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 26, 2007
      I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I login, Mail BETA loads
      quicker than in previous versions, but it take around like 5 seconds
      extra until you can actually click on anything on the page (inbox,
      links, etc...)

      I'm not recieving any notable error, but this lag on loading is quite
      annoying.

      Just thought I'd inform just incase it hasn't been mentioned yet.

      Thanks,

      - Ian
    • Henrico
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
        Same here.

        0.6.2 (f308)

        Henrico

        --
        Nits fansite:
        http://www.nitsmusic.net

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
          It's probably due to the chat loading, which takes a few seconds. 5 seconds isn't much to sneeze at, so I wouldn't worry about it.

          My Yahoo Group- Sassy's Corner
          IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

          Ian wrote:
          I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I login, Mail BETA loads
          quicker than in previous versions, but it take around like 5 seconds
          extra until you can actually click on anything on the page (inbox,
          links, etc...)

          I'm not recieving any notable error, but this lag on loading is quite
          annoying.

          Just thought I'd inform just incase it hasn't been mentioned yet.

          Thanks,

          - Ian

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

        • Kortedrea Mitchell
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
            hi

            Henrico <henricopit@...> wrote:
            Same here.

            0.6.2 (f308)

            Henrico

            --
            Nits fansite:
            http://www.nitsmusi c.net

            I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I login, Mail BETA loads
            quicker than in previous versions, but it take around like 5 seconds
            extra until you can actually click on anything on the page (inbox,
            links, etc...)

            I'm not recieving any notable error, but this lag on loading is quite
            annoying.

            Just thought I'd inform just incase it hasn't been mentioned yet.

            Thanks,

            - Ian

                    Mz. Tedrea AKA Mz. Phaty

            Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

          • mailzentrale
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
              Yahoo! Mail seams to load a preview of the inbox, then refreshes and
              the "real" inbox appears.

              Well, I don't care too much about the loading speed. What I really
              don't like are mail delivery delays.

              Sometimes I have to wait hours for an email to be delivered to my
              Yahoo! Mail account. Are Yahoo! Mail servers very slow from time to
              time? Are there anti-spam methods like "greylisting" at work that don't
              like some of the mails I want to receive?

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <fsips@...> wrote:

              > I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I login, Mail BETA loads
              > quicker than in previous versions, but it take around like 5 seconds
              > extra until you can actually click on anything on the page (inbox,
              > links, etc...)
              >
              > I'm not recieving any notable error, but this lag on loading is quite
              > annoying.
              >
              > Just thought I'd inform just incase it hasn't been mentioned yet.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > - Ian

            • Ryan Kennedy
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 28, 2007
                --- Ian <fsips@...> wrote:
                > I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I
                > login, Mail BETA loads
                > quicker than in previous versions, but it take
                > around like 5 seconds
                > extra until you can actually click on anything on
                > the page (inbox,
                > links, etc...)

                The application takes a quick pass at rendering a
                quick initial view of your welcome page (for free
                users) or your inbox (for premium users). Once it's
                loaded so you can see it, it finishes loading the
                remaining components so you can interact with it.

                Ryan Kennedy
                Yahoo! Mail
              • Henrico
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 28, 2007
                  I'm not sure if this is really a step forward, Ryan. It's a little bit annoying when I see the messages, but I can't open them or delete them. It's nothing more than a preview. Then I prefer to see a loading page for a couple of seconds.

                  Henrico

                  --
                  Nits fansite:
                  http://www.nitsmusic.net

                  > I'm on version 0.6.2, and it seems that when I
                  > login, Mail BETA loads
                  > quicker than in previous versions, but it take
                  > around like 5 seconds
                  > extra until you can actually click on anything on
                  > the page (inbox,
                  > links, etc...)

                  The application takes a quick pass at rendering a
                  quick initial view of your welcome page (for free
                  users) or your inbox (for premium users). Once it's
                  loaded so you can see it, it finishes loading the
                  remaining components so you can interact with it.

                  Ryan Kennedy
                  Yahoo! Mail

                • Nancy J
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 29, 2007
                    Thanks for this explanation. I was getting frustrated with being able to see my inbox and when I'd start to click on anything -- viola -- suddenly being rerouted to the "resolution error" page.

                    I must admit -- I don't see the point of this though. For me, I thought it was some kind weird error because of my slow box and my small monitor.

                    L8!
                    Nancy J
                    Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

                    "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
                    India Arie

                    "Truth is anything I agree with"
                    www.cindyalexander.com

                    http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                      Basically, the loading time of Yahoo Mail Beta has not improved since the last big release, instead, you get the appearance of a fast loading page, but in the background, loading still continues, preventing you to do anything in the mean time (except maybe read the news headlines)...

                      On 29 Apr 2007 15:23:29 -0000, Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com > wrote:
                      There are 7 messages in this issue.

                      3b. Re: Slow to load...
                          Posted by: "Henrico" henricopit@... henricopit
                          Date: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:33 pm ((PDT))

                      I'm not sure if this is really a step forward, Ryan. It's a little bit annoying when I see the messages, but I can't open them or delete them. It's nothing more than a preview. Then I prefer to see a loading page for a couple of seconds.

                      Henrico

                    • forever1940
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                        I agree - this new "Feature" is annoying.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Nancy J <ordinaryfoolisnj@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks for this explanation. I was getting frustrated with being
                        able to see my inbox and when I'd start to click on anything --
                        viola -- suddenly being rerouted to the "resolution error" page.

                        > I must admit -- I don't see the point of this though. For me, I
                        thought it was some kind weird error because of my slow box and my
                        small monitor.

                        > L8!
                        > Nancy J
                        > Ordinaryfoolisnj@...
                        >
                        > "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives
                        within."
                        > India Arie
                        >
                        > "Truth is anything I agree with"
                        > www.cindyalexander.com
                        >
                        > http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

                      • Todd Richardson
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 1 10:59 AM
                          I have observed the following in the last 2-3 weeks:

                          As reported before, iexplore memory usage of 55,000k or more in the
                          taskmanager. Bigger than Outlook. Only browser window open is
                          YMail.

                          At least a dozen times a day:
                          We're sorry, but there appears to be a problem loading the
                          message "X". Click here to try again

                          Repeatedly, "Loading Folder" delatys in minutes, not seconds, when I
                          navigate to view a folder. This has almost never happened when
                          navigating back to the inbox.

                          Contacts not populating in address pulldown (where you can type a
                          partial address and YMail finds them. Have to find the address
                          through contacts, or close new message, and start the compoe process
                          again, sometimes it works if I try more than once.

                          I have not noticed this before in the beta, especially not to this
                          degree, and I am a huge fan of the beta. But these things just make
                          working in mail a PITA. I'm tempted to go back to classic just to
                          be able to manage email and the time I spend on it.

                          Todd

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Olivier Laurent"