Re: Tabs, tabs, too many tabs?

  • James
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 24, 2007
      I've heard there are ways spammers can detect it when users simply
      read a message. I believe it has to do with image attachments, which
      explains why Y! mail blocks images of suspicious messages. That's why
      Y! added the spam column and now checkboxes so those who don't know
      how to use ctrl+shift click can mark messages as spam without reading
      them in the preview pane.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <txsurvivornut2004@...> wrote:

      > Unless there's been some new development that spammers are using,
      the only way the spammer knows that the address they sent the message
      to is active is if you reply to the address and/or click on any links
      in the spam message. Just reading the message in the preview pane
      doesn't do anything other than let you preview/read the message.

      > Jeff
      > You may be right...I may be crazy!!--Billy Joel

      program, is to close the preview pane! It prevents spam from being
      opened, & notifying the sender that your acount is active. Personally,
      I don't have to worry about it since Thunderbird deletes all the spam
      for me. So, I could technically have the preview pane open, but I
      actually prefer opening my messages in a full screen window.

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • James
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 24, 2007