Re: Minor Contacts Bug Fixed; Major Contacts Bug Remains

  • George Hutfilz
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2007
      You are misunderstanding what I've written.

      In 0.3.1, a nickname like "mom" resolved correctly even when the
      character string "mom" appeared in the left hand portion of a
      different contact's e-mail address. Beginning in 0.4.0 and continuing
      in 0.5.0, such nicknames failed to resolve correctly; an error box was
      displayed. The nickname could not be used; the auto complete screen
      for "mom" had to be used to select explicitly the "mom" nickname
      address. This problem was discussed in this group extensively as the
      "mom" problem. 0.6.0 fixed this failure to resolve such nicknames.

      The larger problem is still with us. Nicknames and categories/lists
      resolve correctly behind the scenes and mails are sent correctly, but
      the confirmation screen does not list the resolved addresses. Try
      sending an e-mail to a nickname and another address--the confirmation
      screen will only list the explicit addressee, not the nicknamed one.
      This bug was reported on 0.3.1 and has never been addressed.

      George Hutfilz

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Nancy J <ordinaryfoolisnj@...> wrote:
      > Is it particular "nicknames?" Because I use a song title as part
      of my email name, ie "Ordinaryfool..." and it resolves correctly to
      Nancy J. Or do I misunderstand what you've written?