Re: Mail Client Vs Webmail

  • .
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 23, 2007

      > But how is it an "application"? I still don't understand why that term
      > is used. To me, it's still just a website.

      > My Yahoo Group- Sassy's Corner
      > IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)
      >

      > wrote:
      > > A web application would be the most accurate discription of Y!Mail
      > > Beta, since it's an application that's run on the web. However,
      'Mail
      > > Client' is also accurate. Usually client refers to a local-side
      > > application that's installed on your PC. But it also means any
      > > program that accesses the server and retrieves information from it.
      > > Client=your end, in this case.

      IMO
      > > it's just webmail, as in a webpage to access email. A mail client
      is a
      > > program you install on your computer. I've also heard the term "web
      > > application" in referrence to Yahoo Mail Beta. Why is this? Again, an
      > > application is software you install on your computer. I know nothing
      > > about web development, so maybe someone can explain it to me.....
      > > --

      > > My Yahoo Group- Sassy's Corner
      > > IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

      At a quick glance,I can see about seven Yahoo labels on my program
      menu,not counting sub menus.Then there are those updated widgets that
      arrived in my documents the other day along with a fancy new sidebar.
      I have given up worrying about exactly what Yahoo stuff actually
      is,but some of the stuff here works online or offline and I even have
      stuff that works online without a browser.Then when I open my
      browser,I get big long lists of more Yahoo stuff and of course my
      Yahoo toolbar.All of my Yahoo stuff seems to be constantly evolving
      and changing into newer and better forms.
      Being practical minded,I do not really care what all this stuff
      actually is,or what it ought to be called.I just click the mouse and
      get on with using it all.That is what it is all for.
      mystic_master3