Re: [Y-Mail] cache?

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2007
      Cache is images & other stuff that collects on your hard drive when you browse the internet. You should clean it out every day. Since you've only had a computer for 5 months, I assume you're using internet explorer to browse the web. In that case, to clean the cache, click on the tools menu in internet explorer, & select "internet options". When that opens, you'll see something that says "temporary internet files" & underneath that, a "delete files" button. Click on that, & a small window appears to confirm that you want to do this. Make sure you check the box that says "delete offline content", then click "ok". Don't worry, this is completely safe ;) Since you're new to computers, you need to be aware of spyware, which are small programs that get installed on your computer without you knowing about it. These programs basically spy on you(thus the name "spyware"), & collect information about your internet viewing habits. The end result is relentless pop up advertisements & spam(junk messages) in your email. To combat these little buggers, you need anti-spyware software. I recommend AdAware & Spybot. You can get them at http://www.lavasoftusa.com & http://www.safer-networking.org . They're both free. I also recommend using the Firefox web browser instead of internet explorer. You can get it free at http://www.mozilla.com . I also have a helpful webpage with info on fighting spam & spyware. Check it out- http://www.geocities.com/sasafrass452/fightspam.html

      My Yahoo Group- Sassy's Corner
      IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

      candycane77joyy wrote:
      i am new to this. what is cache?how do u clear cache? how often should
      i do this?ive had my pc 5 months and have never done this. i didnt
      know about it. thanxs alot for ur help.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com