Does Yahoo have plans to encrypt the session?

  • wroozeboom
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2007
      Hello,

      I keep searching for the best web-based email system. I personally
      think Yahoo Mail Beta has the best feature set, and best usability of
      the major players (Google, Hotmail, and Yahoo). Unfortunately, the
      lack of an encrypted session keeps me from using it as my main email
      application. I've been using Gmail (which offers the ability to
      encrypt the session), waiting for Yahoo to do the same.

      Does anyone know if Yahoo ever plans to offer SSL for the entire
      session?

      Regards,

      Wayne
    • gc_grp
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
        Does anyone have any response to this? I'm interested in having my
        sessions encrypted as well. Thanks.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "wroozeboom" <wroozeboom@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I keep searching for the best web-based email system. I personally
        > think Yahoo Mail Beta has the best feature set, and best usability of
        > the major players (Google, Hotmail, and Yahoo). Unfortunately, the
        > lack of an encrypted session keeps me from using it as my main email
        > application. I've been using Gmail (which offers the ability to
        > encrypt the session), waiting for Yahoo to do the same.
        >
        > Does anyone know if Yahoo ever plans to offer SSL for the entire
        > session?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Wayne

      • Sasafrass
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
          Have you tried safe-mail.net? I don't know if they offer encrypted sessions, but their service is very good.

          gc_grp wrote:
          Does anyone have any response to this? I'm interested in having my
          sessions encrypted as well. Thanks.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "wroozeboom" <wroozeboom@...> wrote:

          Hello,

          I keep searching for the best web-based email system.  I personally
          think Yahoo Mail Beta has the best feature set, and best usability of
          the major players (Google, Hotmail, and Yahoo).  Unfortunately, the
          lack of an encrypted session keeps me from using it as my main email
          application.  I've been using Gmail (which offers the ability to
          encrypt the session), waiting for Yahoo to do the same.

          Does anyone know if Yahoo ever plans to offer SSL for the entire
          session?

          Regards,

          Wayne

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

        • SysAdminKC
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
            That really wasn't the question was it?  I don't believe that we are looking for another e-mail solution, just as to if or when Y! Mail will offer encrypted sessions. I also use other services and their sessions are encrypted.

            --Kendall

            On 7/31/07, Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...> wrote:

            Have you tried safe-mail.net? I don't know if they offer encrypted sessions, but their service is very good.

            .

          • mjk4984
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
              Considering it took Yahoo close to 8 years to even encrypt their login
              page I wouldn't hold my breath for encrypted the mail pages.

              It would be nice though not having to worry about someone else reading
              my e-mail at public hotspots though.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, SysAdminKC <sysadminkc@...> wrote:

              > That really wasn't the question was it? I don't believe that we are
              looking
              > for another e-mail solution, just as to if or when Y! Mail will offer
              > encrypted sessions. I also use other services and their sessions are
              > encrypted.
              >
              > --Kendall
            • toomuchgreentea
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
                I'm afraid VPN may be the only way to do it at this point.