catching up on mail...finally

  • Ryan Kennedy
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2007
      I've been down in San Diego for the O'Reilly Emerging Technology conference. I've also been putting the finishing touches on the product I work on:

      http://developer.yahoo.net/blog/archives/2007/03/mail.html

      As a result, I've fallen way behind on email. I'm also pretty far behind on a handful of migration requests. I'll get the migration requests done in the next day or two. I get back home tomorrow night, so the soonest I'll get to those is probably sometime Friday.

      I think the members here have done a pretty good job explaining why a Yahoo! Mail Plus subscription is still worth having, even with everyone getting unlimited storage. Personally, I love having no ads and no taglines in outbound email. That alone is worth the ~$1.67/month I pay for Plus.

      Ryan Kennedy
      Yahoo! Mail
    • Ryan Kennedy

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 29, 2007
          Ryan, if the plus accounts are so great then why doens't every pay for them? And just as many of the emails showed that the plus accounts were not that great a value -- unless one is paying just to remove ads (which honestly, I can't use the beta on my free account because of the ads -- so that's no small thing for sure).

          By the way, I use many free products. So I've no problem with that, its just that if people pay, they expect that if you do something for the freebies you do something for the paying customer. But I see that there is a new mail feature coming. So I'll see what that holds.

          p.s. How about IMAP for the plus accounts? Then I'd be really happy!!!

          L8!

          Nancy J
          Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

          "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
          India Arie

          "Truth is anything I agree with"
          www.cindyalexander.com

          http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

          I've been down in San Diego for the O'Reilly Emerging Technology conference. I've also been putting the finishing touches on the product I work on:

          http://developer.yahoo.net/blog/archives/2007/03/mail.html

          As a result, I've fallen way behind on email. I'm also pretty far behind on a handful of migration requests. I'll get the migration requests done in the next day or two. I get back home tomorrow night, so the soonest I'll get to those is probably sometime Friday.

          I think the members here have done a pretty good job explaining why a Yahoo! Mail Plus subscription is still worth having, even with everyone getting unlimited storage. Personally, I love having no ads and no taglines in outbound email. That alone is worth the ~$1.67/month I pay for Plus.

          Ryan Kennedy
          Yahoo! Mail

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 29, 2007
            Some people can't afford it(gotta eat, pay the bills, etc), & some just
            don't want to pay.

            ---
            My Yahoo Group- Sassy's Corner
            IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

            Nancy J wrote:

            if the plus accounts are so great then why doens't everyone pay for them?
          • Chuck Halverson
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 29, 2007
              I do not post much, but can we stop with sounding privileged because we are plus users? I am a plus user and LOVE shelling out a 20.00 bill for a whole year of web based, ad free, now limitless email. On top of that, I have messenger built in and am loving RSS feeds more and more..I think the service for what I am paying for is waaayyyy plenty.

              I love being part of this group and really finding enjoyment of watching this product getting better and better. Ryan being here has helped put a real person in here to make it feel like we are a part of something.

              Just my .02

              Chuck
              St. Paul, MN

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 30, 2007
                First, BETA mail which is what the group is primarily about (so the plus thread is off topic, but relevant since Ryan posted and others commented about the new unlimited storage) is available to non paying as well as paying Yahoo email users, so that his nothing to do with plus accounts.

                Messenger and RSS are part of beta mail and also available to all accounts plus and free. So, that's another non issue for plus account holders.

                Priviledged. Just the opposite! I too like the ad free client, but I feel that my concerns as not only an account holder but a paying customer are just as legitimate as anyone elses! So its not about being priviledged. Far from it and I beg your pardon for writing something that just isn't true about what I for one have written!

                Ryan, can you suggest an email for a person or department that I can send my concerns to at Yahoo? Then I'll stop sending them to this list.

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 30, 2007
                  Hmmm.....being someone who uses the Beta version and is a Plus subscriber, commenting on features of the Plus, not working in the Beta is very much on topic. When you combine now not having a differential of storage space between free accounts and paid for account, and the fact that most of the additional features that we do pay for under the Beta still do not work properly this happens to be a great topic right on target. I do agree with you about priviledged, because we give them money for an additional level of service, which up to this point and always has been quite good. When I added to the discussion, I just thought the timing was funny - time to pay, but we are now giving this to everybody for free. This year's subscription fee, I'm just now looking at it as my tiny investment in the advancement of technology.

                  DanH