who gets invited?

  • michael_kretchmar
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 17, 2005
      I was invited to use the new yahoo email beta. THANKS. I LOVE IT.

      Just curious, how do you determine who gets invited? I have a lot of
      messages in my inbox. Is that why you chose me?

      I've told many friends about the new yahoo email beat. And, they all
      want to try it. But, they have not yet been invited. Is there a way to
      get them in on this too?

      Thx. -m
    • Don Ethridge
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 17, 2005
        Yahoo makes that decision.

        Don

        I was invited to use the new yahoo email beta. THANKS. I LOVE IT.

        Just curious, how do you determine who gets invited? I have a lot of
        messages in my inbox. Is that why you chose me?

        I've told many friends about the new yahoo email beat. And, they all
        want to try it. But, they have not yet been invited. Is there a way to
        get them in on this too?

        Thx. -m

        Tips and tricks Communication and networking Guillaume
        Beta Promote Apply for

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

      • abonet
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 18, 2005
          I think everyone knows that. His question is: what's the criteria?

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 18, 2005
            Angelo,

            Why don't you tell us, what is the criteria.

            Don

            I think everyone knows that. His question is: what's the criteria?

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Don Ethridge <donethridge@y...> wrote:

            > Yahoo makes that decision.
            >
            > Don

          • scotsroka
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 18, 2005
              I am curious about the criteria as well. I am a Yahoo! Small Business
              customer, so I use my own domain mailbox instead of the @...
              mail account. (It uses the same web mail interface, with access to
              both email accounts.) If there is any criteria related to mail usage,
              I sure hope Yahoo considers both.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "abonet" <angelo.bonet@g...> wrote:

              > I think everyone knows that. His question is: what's the criteria?
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Don Ethridge <donethridge@y...>
              wrote:

              > > Yahoo makes that decision.
              > >
              > > Don

              Service.

            • Guillaume
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 19, 2005
                Because this has already been discussed hundred times and there is a
                message search option.
                criteria:
                - To be a heavy Yahoo Mail user
                - To be located in the USA or have set up the account so that you
                appear in the USA.
                - They might as well well analyze you have an original testing syustm,
                are using a certain browser that you can feedback on....

                that's all, now there are millions of users
                and it certainly helps if you have ever feedbacked Yahoo! about their
                mail service.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Don Ethridge <donethridge@y...> wrote:

                > Angelo,
                >
                > Why don't you tell us, what is the criteria.
                >
                > Don

              • Lloyd Haskins
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 19, 2005
                  For those that didn't get an invite, I don't think that you're missing much. If you're running Firefox, you can already do the formatted/HTML composing anyway (see General Options). Otherwise it's the drag-and-drop interface that's new, and I don't think there's any other new functionality besides the RSS feeds. Firefox users lost the spell check ability. There's still the flat (non-hierarchical) folder structure, and that may be an IMAP limitation. Things are slow and the screen flashes a lot. On my reply I tried to select the previous message context to delete it, and neither Edit > Delete nor my Delete key would get rid of it (I had to do it piecemeal). I am seriously considering reverting to go back to the normal interface, but I'm being a good beta tester by giving feedback with the Send Feedback function, and it's not that much of hassle (except once when it went crazy with constant screen refreshes -- I had to not use it for a few hours). The only other thing you'll get is bragging rights, which was prime in the early Gmail days.

                  Did I miss anything?

                • Chris Price
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 19, 2005
                    There's nothing wrong with going back to the regular version - we are still pretty early in the Beta cycle (v0.3.0), so missing functionality is still pretty common.

                    Be sure to report Feedback on your decision to the developers - they will be interested to know what was missing that required you to switch back. Stay a member of this group - we'll continue to announce new builds \ features as we see them. As a prior Beta tester, you should still have the Switch option so you can come back when it's closer to what you need.

                    Chris.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                      The criteria is: Yahoo makes that decision.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Don Ethridge <donethridge@y...> wrote:

                      > Angelo,
                      >
                      > Why don't you tell us, what is the criteria.
                      >
                      > Don

                    • Christopher Booth
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                        For myself, all I know is that I have a yahoo plus account and a free account, I signed up for the beta for both names and received an invite from yahoo for my yahoo plus account about two weeks after. I have yet to get an invite for my free account. This was about two months ago.

                        The criteria is: Yahoo makes that decision.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Don Ethridge <donethridge@y...> wrote:

                        > Angelo,
                        >
                        > Why don't you tell us, what is the criteria.
                        >
                        > Don

                      • Trish
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                          I'm wondering if they didn't service the plus users (who wanted to join beta) first. I'm a free user and not been invited. Eventually, though, I'm sure.
                          -Trish

                          Christopher Booth <christopher_b_booth@...> wrote:
                          For myself, all I know is that I have a yahoo plus account and a free account, I signed up for the beta for both names and received an invite from yahoo for my yahoo plus account about two weeks after. I have yet to get an invite for my free account. This was about two months ago.

                          The criteria is: Yahoo makes that decision.

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Don Ethridge <donethridge@y...> wrote:

                          > Angelo,
                          >
                          > Why don't you tell us, what is the criteria.
                          >
                          > Don

                          Expert advice Expert Advice

                        • Christopher Booth
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                            I wonder the same thing, I think your right.