8665Re: [Y-Mail] now running v0.5.0 b368.7

  • Ryan Kennedy
    Jan 31, 2007
      > Does it ever stop?
      > farm 318 running v0.5.0 b368.7 dated 01/31/2007

      Ha...no, trust me, it never stops. That's one of those things about writing applications for the web. You're never "done". When you're writing shrink wrapped software there's a clear point of being "done", but on the web things are constantly evolving.

      Probably explains why most of us haven't had a serious vacation since before Oddpost was acquired. :)

      Anyway, 368.7 is just another patch build. Most of these will never be released. We get them on our early adopter farms, find some small tidbit that needs tweaking and release another patch. Once we've got the patch we like, that gets pushed out to a wider audience. In any case, if you're not on 368.7 yet, don't sweat it. You're not missing out on some awesome new feature. We're saving those for later. ;)

      Speaking of teasers, I know I said I'd get some stuff up on Yahoo! Go Mobile. I'm still going to do it, but I got slammed this week with a code freeze for the web service and we're doing end of year reviews right now. I'll be so happy when Friday is over.

      Ryan Kennedy
      Yahoo! Mail
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic