      From: too_much green_tea <toomuchgreentea@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 2:54:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Spam filters

      C'mon, people ... that's enough ...

      I think everybody would agree Yahoo's spam filter still need works, but a public filter rarely fulfills the needs of every individuals. It can get rid of the massive spams with identifiable trace, but some WILL sneak through - eventually.

      A personalized set of filters on top of a public set will almost always give better results, may it be TB, OE, or any other mail programs. The question comes down to how high the risk it would be to have something executed while spams are being scanned, and you'd have to admit TB is one of the better ones out there, available for free, and almost available on all platforms.

      The bottom line? Maybe TB isn't about to solve all the world's problem, but at least Sasafrass isn't urging the uninitiated to use OE - like a lot of ISPs are still doing these days.

      P.S. I wish Yahoo would have more filters for free accounts, but then lots of others have said the same for a long time, and we still have only 15 today.

      Come and visit my 360°

      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea