7428Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Spam filters

  • Sasafrass
    Dec 3, 2006
      Here's how it works.... I have the most common addresses that I recieve
      mail from in my addressbook. Then I create message filters, one of which
      is from-->isn't in addressbook. However, for Y group emails, I obviously
      can't add every member's email address to my addressbook, so I create a
      filter for subject-->doesn't contain-->[Y-Mail] (or whatever the subject
      tag is for a group). Then choose "delete" as the action. Now, as the
      owner of a Y group I can potentially get a lot of spam from non-members,
      so I turn off the email notification for pending messages & create a
      *seperate* filter for to-->contains-->Y-Mail-owner@yahoogroups.com &
      again choose "delete" as the action. Also turn off the spam filter, you
      won't need it with the above settings. And voila! ALL spam will go to
      the trash where it belongs :)

      I concede that this may be a little strict depending on the type of
      emails you receive, but you can always check the trash folder for any
      legit emails.

      http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
      IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)