7108Re: Wish list pool final check list

  • James
    Nov 12, 2006
      Just thought of another I've been wanting for a long time now:

      Auto-draft delete on send (if "save sent messages" is ON)-

      If "save sent messages" is turned ON... If you save drafts of an Email
      periodically, once you send the message you have the latest copy in
      the "sent" folder, and no longer need the out-dated draft. This could
      be an option in the "Mail Options" page, OR it could be a button on
      the "confirmation page" that appears after composing

      *Also, I like that you're trying to eliminate un-necessary requests,
      but if I do you solution for lists at the top by adding a "." to the
      beginnng, then when I want to send messages to a list I have to type
      "." _________
      I think this shouldn't be too hard of a feature for Y! to implement,
      it would be a good addition to Y! mail beta's great sorting power.

      <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

      > Here is the final extracted wish list for the poll. As you can see
      it's quite long :)

      > - more filters
      > - more criteria for filters (e.g. not in address book)
      > - sort contacts according to usage history/frequency
      > - threaded message view
      > - built-in IM
      > - remember column sort across login sessions
      > - sort messages according to order received
      > - color-code mail sources
      > - separate tab for contacts
      > - separate tab for RSS
      > - separate tabs for everything with double-click
      > - organize RSS with tree
      > - 3-pane view for RSS (feeds, items, and preview)
      > - HTML editing of Rich Text
      > - auto BCC to addresses
      > - select folder to file sent message while composing
      > - scrollbar needed for "From:" drop-down list with compose
      > - catagory/group support for contacts (display AND selection)
      > - IMAP support
      > - show images from trusted source
      > - display address instead of name for "To" column
      > - extract all senders' addresses from selected folder(s) into list
      > - display links to subscribed Yahoo! Groups
      > - sub-folders support
      > - labels/tags or smart folders
      > - more font selections
      > - inline MIME support
      > - import/export calendar data from/to popular apps (Outlook, Lotus
      Notes, Macintosh sync, etc.)
      > - remove hourly & daily mail delivery limits for business users
      > - long signature
      > - faster & sleeker Y-Mail mobile
      > - export photos/attachments to Y-Photos/flickr/Briefcase directly
      >

      > Some of the similar wishes are combined, others that can be taken
      care of by simple tricks are left out of the poll but answered here:

      > 1) selecting multiple addresses for "To:", "CC:", etc
      > - use Ctrl/Shift + left click
      > 2) place lists at the top of contacts
      > - name the list beginning with a "."
      > 3) HTML/text choice of drafting mail
      > - rich text and plain text compose are already available, and
      with Firefox, you can paste block of rendered HTML into rich text messages
      > 4) undo
      > - typo undo can be done using the browser's capability
      >

      > I've tried my best to shorten the list while staying true to the
      > database entries. If there were any mistakes made (or you think your
      entry is missing), let me know and I'll
      > make the changes accordingly (poll will be created +24hr of this post).
      >

      > -----
      >

      > Come and visit my 360°
      >
      > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic