41Re: [Y-Mail] Nifty link directly to your inbox

  • john mc
    Jul 16, 2005
      Hrm... took me to a "session expired" page. I clicked on the "re-log
      in" link at the bottom and tried it again... took me back to the
      "session expired" page... again.
      I used to use a shortcut link from my desktop years ago and they worked
      great until the browser cookies were deleted. Now it seems like Y! is
      even more on the ball... direct links like this may be screened out by
      their online security settings.
      Something that comes to mind just now... I've always checked the
      "remember me" button on the sign in page... the daft thing -never-
      remembers me! I have to log in and give my password everytime.

      take care,

      John Mc

      jbeaul wrote:

      > I've been nonplussed about having to always go through the Welcome
      > page to get to my inbox with Yahoo! Mail. Links I could find always
      > seemed to contain tokens which would later expire or wouldn't force a
      > refresh when loading, etc.
      >
      > But now, I have just the link I've wanted. It is
      > http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1
      > <http://us.f517.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox&&YN=1>
      >
      > This may only work for US accounts - I'm not certain of this.

      > Virus Database (VPS): 0528-6, 07/16/2005
      > Tested on: 7/16/2005 6:51:37 PM

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 0528-6, 07/16/2005
      Tested on: 7/16/2005 7:48:12 PM