26866Re: Do you need to sign in to Yahoo mail multiple times a day?

  • Beadnik
    Mar 31, 2014
      That sounds like you've set your browser to delete cookies when you end the session, or are using one of the newer privacy modes of browsing.

      At any rate, the fact that you are signed in is stored in a browser cookie, and if Yahoo can't access that cookie when you next visit a page then you are no longer signed in.

      Thanks for your reply. I've checked all my settings, both in Yahoo and in my browser (Chrome).As far a signing out, I see the following:
      "If you do not manually sign out of your Yahoo account, we automatically sign you out after a certain time period. Choose the time period from the pull-down menu. 4 weeks"

      The following is NOT ticked in the Chrome browser:
      "Send a ‘Do Not Track’ request with your browsing traffic"
      Where else can I check to make sure cookies are not deleted when closing the window?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic