      From: dcutchin <dcutchi2@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 3, 2006 12:56:01 PM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Export / save / read and manage stored emails offline?

      Well, I often need to access my e-mail from "internet cafes" in
      remote parts of the world. That's why I switched from using POP3 /
      Outlook Express to using Yahoo mail. It seems to work everywhere.

      It did not occur to me that I would have so much trouble managing and
      backing up my voluminous e-mail files.

      Terminology has me confused. I pay for Yahoo Mail so I guess that I
      have "Mail Plus". But I recently switched to the Beta so maybe I no
      longer have Mail Plus and all of its features.

      Yahoo sent me some instructions for exporting individual messages,
      but the instructions do not work on my Beta. I sent Yahoo a request
      for clarification but have not received a reply.

      Thanks for your comments.

      DaveC

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@...> wrote:

      > Sounds like you may want to use POP3 - that will let you pull all
      the messages down to a desktop email client.

      > Right now, that is a Mail Plus feature - we don't know if that will
      change when the new version is released

      > Chris.

      advice
      Expert