26451RE: How to add other pop/imap accounts

  • oppimaniac
    Nov 29, 2013

      Ok folks, had enough, moving on.

      ymail is not what I need/want.

      I did not succeed in setting up my other pop mail and the web interface has room for improvements.

      In addition, at least from my ISP, performance is not satisfactory.

      Not happy with my decision, but now I'm using outlook.com.

      At least it works for all my requirements (imap access, sync with mobile devices, cal sync, polling other pop accounts, usability of web interface, ...), well, except one....

      Guess what?

      I can't poll my ymail using pop3.

      All other accounts worked like  charm.

      Whats wrong with ymail?

      ---In y-mail@yahoogroups.com, <oppiman@...> wrote:

      Still no luck.

      Have any of you succeeded in polling email from other pop accounts into ymail?

      I am close to giving up, which would mean I need to look for another mail provider and again change my address - hate that.

      I know gmail and live would work, but don't like those.

      The mail my ISP gives me is unsatisfactory as well.

      myopera mail was so good. To bad they close down.

      ---In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, <oppiman@...> wrote:

      Hi Goutam,

      thanks for your reply.

      That does not help.

      I think the mail server settings are correct.

      At least I did not get an error message during setup and I can access all mail using web access or Thunderbird.

      However I miss settings like outgoing server and mail pull interval.

      And I did not see any mails yet, even so I know there some in the inboxes.

      ---In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, <goutam_nath@...> wrote:

      Click on Inbox once or twice back to back, that should do the trick. Provided ofcourse the mail server settings are correct.

      Regards,
      Goutam