26309Yahoo Now Screwing Around With Yahoo Searches

  • CJB
    Nov 3, 2013
      At the top of the Neo email pages is a search box for searching emails
      or the web.

      Just now I entered a search such as "New Zealand Libraries" - I wanted
      to search their online archives catalogues.

      The result was a simple four item list - of sponsored sites only.

      I expected hundreds of results.

      In other words Yahoo had deliberately switched off a search for ALL
      websites, but was only offering sponsored results - four in all.

      I could find no way of switching the search back to include all sites.

      I tried the same thing with a Google search and got the full list of
      site that I expected.

      WTF is going on at Yahoo?

      CJB.

      P.S. From my Gmail account due to Yahoo Neo FF continually refusing to
      allow me to compose new emails.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic