26205RE: Re: [Y-Mail] Go Back To Previous Version (Fix)

  • steve_chadheath
    Oct 21, 2013

      The url bar is where the web page address (the 'url') resides (e.g., "http://www.yahoo.com/....etc"), at the top of your browser window. (The 'www' part is not used or may not be shown. This is ok)

      You should see something like this:

      https://uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?#.....etc

      Click on the above address. This should allow you to type within the url bar. Just remove the word "launch" (nothing else!) and type in the word "search".

      https://uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/neo/search?#.....etc

      Hit 'Enter' or 'Go' or whatever and you should (hopefully) see the previous version of Yahoo! Mail, complete with tabs, folder lists, etc.

      NOTE: I am in the UK and using the UK-based Yahoo! Mail. A friend of mine over here who also uses Yahoo! Mail but is on the US version was unable to see the changes I'm not sure if that was the reason it did not work for them, or if it was something else...?

      Hope this helps,

      Steve

      ---In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, <y-mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Steve, I'm not sure what you mean. Could you clearify? :-)

      Cindy in Ohio

      Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
      Donal...special gib Felis catus

      On Saturday, October 19, 2013 12:08 PM, "landmarqnet@..." <landmarqnet@...> wrote:

      Just replace 'LAUNCH' with 'SEARCH' in your URL bar to get the OLD MAIL back.

      This tip was suggested by a friend of mine and it actually worked!!!

      Steve

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic