25785Re: [Y-Mail] RE: Yahoo Screws Electronic Petitions

  • Donna
    Sep 26, 2013
      Hi Chris,

      I just want to let you know how I deal with letting my online friends know about petitions.  First, the only petition sites I use is Change and The Petition Site.  I get updates about petitions that I sign from both; but, especially from change.org.  If I want to share a petition, I just copy the URL before I have even logged in or signed.  Then after I sign it, I go back to my web mail and open a new email form and paste the URL in it.  I don't send the petition to everybody in my address book at the same time.  I only send the petition to those who might appreciate it.  Also, if I'm sending to more than one individual, I send the link to one person at a time and try and personlize my message to that person.  There's nothing worse than getting an email that starts off Greetings! I've just signed this petition....  How generic is that?

      It might mean extra work for you; but, it could mean that you get to share your petitions with those who share your interesting in protecting humans and animals.

      "In every community there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart there is the power to do it."

      - Marianne Williamson
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic