      From: "mikeeusa714-free@..." <mikeeusa714-free@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, 26 September 2013, 14:11
      Subject: [Y-Mail] RE: Yahoo Screws Electronic Petitions

      bet it was done to take a stab at spammers doing just what you are doing with nefarious motives. personally, anything and I mean anything it takes to cut down on the uninvited junk ideas from others is great!! Now, if they would make forwarding messages harder to more than 3 people, I would be for that also 100%.
      Folks, we are our own worst enemies on this spam problem that all of us carp about everyday and then turn right around and justify that what we are doing is OK.
      OK, turn on the flames!!! I really don't care anymore.

      ---In y-mail@yahoogroups.com, <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

      I belong to a number of electronic petition websites - mainly concerning animal abuse &/or human rights.

      After signing each one - by logging in, having my name and address auto-filled, and then clicking on [Send] - I am then usually offered the additional option to send a short email to friends asking them to sign the petition too.

      So I click on [Email Your Friends]. This is then supposed to open the preferred / default mail system in Compose mode, insert a suitable Subject and short explanatory text into the Body.

      One such petition was at:

      https://www.allout.org/en/actions/cameroon-attacks-taf

      So I clicked on [Email Your Friends] behind which was the URL:

      http://compose.mail.yahoo.com/?Subj=Anti-gay%20violence%20in%20Cameroon%20-%20I've%20signed,%20can%20you?&Body="Hi, I’ve signed All Out’s petition to demand Cameroon’s President Paul Biya help stop anti-gay attacks, end the law that makes it a crime to be gay, and free all people in jail because of who they love." ... snip ...

      BUT ALL I GOT WAS A BLANK PAGE BECAUSE YAHOO - IN ITS QUESTIONABLE WISDOM - HAS CHANGED THE WAY IT COMPOSES EMAILS. NO LONGER IS IT POSSIBLE TO OPEN YAHOO MAIL IN COMPOSE MODE VIA A DYNAMICALLY GENERATED URL. SO NO LONGER IS IT POSSIBLE TO SEND EMAILS TO FRIENDS ABOUT ISSUES WHICH PETITIONS ARE TRYING TO ADDRESS AND GAIN SUPPORT FOR.

      AND - THIS PERTAINS TO ALL PETITION SITES. APPALLING.

      C.J.Brady

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic