25404Re: [Y-Mail] New Yahoo Neo FF Mail corrupting embedded URLs

  • Shal Farley
    Aug 5, 2013
      Lena,

      > It changes some spaces to non-breaking spaces. If that happens just after
      > an URL, receiver can linkify an URL with an extraneous symbol at the end.

      Ick, really? In a message composed as plain text?

      I hadn't thought of that. I do see those NBSPs all the time in the
      text/plain parts of multipart messages from Yahoo Mail (which is bad
      enough IMO). I'll have to go back and look but I don't remember seeing
      any in Chris' example.

      Still though, my advice to use < and > as unambiguous delimiters stands.
      Using them would moot any subsequent tomfoolery with non-breaking spaces.

      -- Shal
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic