25336Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Inability to Open Folders - greatest irritation

  • Chris J Brady
    Jul 28, 2013
      I'm referring to Nero Full-Featured - the new Yahoo Mail concoction that folks are complaining about. CJB.

      From: Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, 28 July 2013, 16:06
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Inability to Open Folders - greatest irritation

      Actually, it's "Neo". That's the name of this new version of Yahoo Mail. "FF" is the browser Firefox. Chris was referring to how the new Yahoo Mail works in Firefox.
      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 07/28/2013 09:22 AM, Mike-Shirley O'Brien wrote:

      First of all I'm at a loss to figure out what NERO FF is or stands for and as such may be offering a fix of sorts for the wrong product but since this is a Yahoo! Mail group I'll go with that assumption.

      My email hangs up as described below and what others have reported, and I've found that if I click on a different folder and it doesn't respond, I close an email message tab and the folder's contents that I want to switch to will show up. I used to do the refresh idea thing and one day closed a tab just to see if the software might be overloaded and presto! It worked. So now all is well and this workaround has been working for about a month now.

      BUT, it would be nice for Yahoo to fix the underlying issue but have also found that this new version seems to be a work in progress and eventually they will find the bug and exterminate it.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

      > The biggest irritation of Nero FF is the inability to open folders - too many times. Refreshing the browser address bar seems to always display the Inbox.
      >
      > However when clicking on Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / or any private folders - this is simply ignored and nothing happens.
      >
      > The URL displayed at the bottom - for ALL folders is something like:
      >
      > http://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=6aceh9sus8hhl#
      >

      > (the rand being a temporary link to the Mail account being accessed)
      >
      > So there is some internal dynamic process that tries to open and list the folder clicked upon.
      >
      > BUT THIS PROCESS IS NOT WORKING FOR TOO MUCH OF THE TIME.
      >
      > The only way of resetting the processes seems to be to refresh the browser's address bar - BUT THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT FOLDERS WILL OPEN AFTERWARDS.
      >
      > This is simply unacceptable.
      >
      > CJB.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic