25127Re: Problems sending emails to AOL, Comcast, Verizon accounts

  • mjk4984
    Jul 1, 2013
      I having the same problem sending emails to Verizon users. I contacted Yahoo and they said to contact postmaster@... (or more specifically they said to contact postmaster@...).

      Anyway I did that and the email simply auto-responds with a message about abuse@..., so obviously that's not the correct address.

      I think the problem is on Yahoo's end as well as I've sent an email addressed to multiple Verizon customers and it bounced 24 hours later for all of them saying that "verizon.net" was unreachable for too long, yet an email I sent after that went through.

      As such I don't think Yahoo is resending on failure like it's supposed to do. Unfortunately every single time I contact Yahoo, I get a form letter back telling me to contact "postmaster@..." even if I write them and tell them I contacted "postmaster@..." and it's not the correct address.

      The problem started about the same time as you mentioned. Yahoo seems to be ignoring the problem completely.

      I haven't tried emailing AOL or Comcast accounts, or at least I haven't gotten any errors regarding that.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Bill T" <bill_t_08012@...> wrote:

      > For a while now I have had an intermittent problem with sending emails
      > to those with either AOL, Comcast, Verizon accounts. I seem to be
      > getting more of these over the past 2 weeks.
      >
      > I get bounce backs with similar messages like this:
      >
      > Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
      > <XXXXXX@... <mailto:XXXXXX@...> >:
      > Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long
      >
      > At first, it was just Verizon and now I am getting it on the others. At
      > first, I thought it was a Verizon problem but now suspect that this has
      > something to do with Yahoo.
      >

      > Has anyone else experienced this?
      >

      > Bill T.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic