      From: fredbisard <fredbisard@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:54 AM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Too Many versions of Y-Mail

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

      > I am confused.
      >
      > I know that Yahoo Mail 'Classic' has been around for many years. It appears to be loved by thousands`if not millions - it was simple, it worked, it provided the service users were happy with.
      >
      > Then we had 'Beta' - which I guess most people ignored, or if they switched over to it, hated it, and then switched back to 'Classic.'
      >
      > Then we had 'New' which I assume was developed from 'Beta' - and I understand that 'New' was so unfriendly and lacked many features that 'Classic' had, so that again many folks switched back to 'Classic.'
      >
      > Now I get the impression that anything with the description "Yahoo Mail 'New'" is universally deemed to represent the 'New' aka 'Beta' that a vast majority hated.
      >
      > But now we have a different 'New' - apparently termed 'Neo.' This comes in two flavours 'Basic' and 'Fully Featured.' This is the version that we are being forced into accepting whilst being given a choice of 'Basic' of 'Fully Featured.'
      >
      > So my first confusion is this: is the 'New' (aka 'Beta') that was almost universally hated by everyone anything to do with the 'New' aka 'Neo' version?
      >
      > It seems that this is the widespread belief - hence the angst against 'Neo.' Users may not realise that 'Neo' may be a different development.
      >
      > Or is it? Is 'Neo' indeed a development from 'New' (aka 'Beta'), or a new version in its own right?
      >
      > Whatever the switch from 'Classic' to 'Neo' has been very badly handled by Yahoo. It is unacceptable to block searching in 'Classic' and to force anyone doing a search of old emails into converting to 'Neo' instead. This lack of being able to search in 'Classic' is causing me immense distress. This is not good customer service.
      >
      > Secondly it appears that 'Neo' 'Basic' and 'Fully Featured' is still being tweaked. This is crazy. I worked on a major airline booking system and the last thing we did before going live with a new version was to stress test it on a live but hidden server. One of the issues that you DO NOT do is to develop a live system whilst the public is using it at the same time. That is incredibly unprofessional.
      >
      > CJB

      To sum that review up in just a few short words, Yahoo mail now sucks so bad I can barely use it, no matter what browser I use or OS!

      Been using Yahoo mail since 1997 and has worked great. Now, I'm thinking of switching my primary e-mail to Gmail, which I can't stand, or Microsoft Mail!

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic