25053Re: [Y-Mail] Despite its efforts to fix vulnerabilities, Yahoo’s Mail users continue reporting h acking incidents - The Next Web

  • Jodi Upchurch
    Jun 18, 2013
      A Few Of My Yahoo! Accounts, I Had To Change My Password For...............Hang In There

      From: Lorrie
      Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Despite its efforts to fix vulnerabilities, Yahoo’s Mail users continue reporting hacking incidents - The Next Web

      My password is really simple and not very secure.  I have had it for years.  Never had any problems.  I am just wondering if the more difficult you make your password, the more the hackers try and get it.  Maybe it gives them more of a challenge.  A lot of people that I have talked to that have been hacked say that their passwords were very complicated yet they were stolen numerous times.  Just my thoughts LOL.

      Lorrie

      Lorries Green World
      http://minilorrie.2itb.com
      Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

      --- On Tue, 6/18/13, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

      Donna,

      > I am running out of password ideas!!!

      Generally speaking, password ideas are a bad idea.

      I use PasswordSafe to generate and store random passwords, a separate
      one for each service I use. It also helps protect against simple
      keylogging malware -- I never type my online passwords, PasswordSafe can
      fill in the username and password at most login pages, or copy/paste the
      password through the clipboard.
      <http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/>

      > Yahoo is loosing my confidence lately and I am thinking that I may
      > cancel payment to Yahoo email. I love my groups though so I am stuck
      > between a rock and a hard place!

      You don't need a Yahoo Mail address to run Yahoo Groups, and you
      certainly don't need a paid Mail Plus account. You need not feel stuck
      at all.

      -- Shal

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic