25049Re: [Y-Mail] Despite its efforts to fix v ulnerabilities, Yahoo’s Mail users continue r eporting hacking incidents - The Next Web

  • Shal Farley
    Jun 18, 2013
      Donna,

      > I am running out of password ideas!!!

      Generally speaking, password ideas are a bad idea.

      I use PasswordSafe to generate and store random passwords, a separate
      one for each service I use. It also helps protect against simple
      keylogging malware -- I never type my online passwords, PasswordSafe can
      fill in the username and password at most login pages, or copy/paste the
      password through the clipboard.
      <http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/>

      > Yahoo is loosing my confidence lately and I am thinking that I may
      > cancel payment to Yahoo email. I love my groups though so I am stuck
      > between a rock and a hard place!

      You don't need a Yahoo Mail address to run Yahoo Groups, and you
      certainly don't need a paid Mail Plus account. You need not feel stuck
      at all.

      -- Shal
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic