25026Re: [Y-Mail] Re: bye windows ?/Bye Bye BT

  • Thomas Sisson
    Jun 16, 2013

      Let me put my two cents in and say that I use Ubuntu, or technically Kubuntu which is Ubuntu with the KDE Desktop. The KDE Desktop is said to be resource hungry, meaning you should not use KDE if you have an old computer. It is also criticized for trying too hard to look like the Windows desktop, but that may be a good option for those transferring from Windows. Of course, the new Windows desktop has similarities to the default Ubuntu desktop.

      Most Linux distributions are available as a Live CD, though they may also be burned to a DVD or copied to a bootable thumb drive. I would highly recommend trying several distributions that way before committing to installing Linux to your hard drive.

      Also note that although Yahoo has Linux software available at downloads.yahoo.com/software/linux, the Yahoo software for Linux (like Yahoo Messenger) is extremely old and not installable on most Linux distributions.

      Tom

      On 06/09/2013 12:55 AM, adeomus ******** wrote:

      thank you !!
      adds