25022Re: new mail question, re inbox

  • Kenneth
    Jun 16, 2013
      Adds,

      If you want to organize your Yahoo! Mail for reading emails from your groups, first I'd recommend creating a folder for each group. Then use filters to sort your group emails into their group specific folders. That way your inbox isn't cluttered with Groups emails.

      Have your filters sort on "Recipient Contains y-mail@yahoogroups.com", for example. One filter for each group.

      You can delete more than one email at a time. I'm not sure how it's any different than Classic in that regard.

      Kenneth

      >  yes, i caved and tried it out..but some issues ( besides slower !).
      >
      > i co-own several ygroups and have voluminous mail in the inbox every day.
      > i habitually hilight the whole inbox,
      >  choose which posts i want to/ have to read ( there is a lot of repetition, chatting etc that i don't need to read), and
      > delete the rest.
      > it saves huge chunks of time.
      >
      > how do i do this with new mail, i can't find anything except " organizing" and it does not do the trick.
      >  i have to delete one at a time...a backwards leap for "new" mail !
      >
      > thank you,
      > adds
      >

      > "That is the way", he said. "But there are no stairs", I cried.
      > "You must throw yourself in", he replied. 'There is no other way. "
      >
      > -- George MacDonald

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic