24788Re: [Y-Mail] java vs javascipt ?/alternatives/Classic Yahoo Mail Surrogates out there, was new Ya

  • adeomus ********
    Apr 29, 2013

      i think i will uninstall.
      what would happen when i do ?
      thank you !

      adds

      -- George MacDonald

      From: Shal Farley <shal@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

      Donna,

      > I wonder if it has anything to do with your Java. ???? I have had two
      > updates this month.

      Unless you actually need it (and you don't for anything at Yahoo that I know of) evict Java with prejudice. Note: not Javascript -- that is unrelated and you need it on many sites, including Yahoo Mail.

      "Java Update Plugs 42 Security Holes, April 16"
      <https://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/04/java-update-plugs-42-security-holes/>

      It might have had to do with Don's browser. I saw some reports from a few weeks ago citing problems with a recent IE 10 release in the Yahoo Mail sub-category of Answers.

      -- Shal

          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com