23997RE: [Y-Mail] Re: [OT] Will Y!Messenger be left out in the Skype migration ?

    Dec 2, 2012

      Presumably this has been initiated from Microsoft’s end because they are integrating Messenger into Skype. I’m guessing Y Messenger is still interoperable with Facebook messenger. Still, it’s one more thing that chips away at reasons to use Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger. Essentially you have Yahoo that is steadily eroding away at its services versus Outlook and Gmail that are steadily increasing and integrating its offerings. If yet another Yahoo Mail revamp is on the way, it better be a brilliant one, otherwise I’ll be off soon.

      From: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of guillaumebcom
      Sent: 01 December 2012 22:51
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: [OT] Will Y!Messenger be left out in the Skype migration ?

      Well looks like it WILL be left out actually

      From the Yahoo Messenger Blog :

      "Yahoo! Messenger Public Chat Rooms
      The Yahoo! Messenger Public Chat Rooms will close down on December 14, 2012.

      Yahoo! Messenger Pingbox
      As of December 14, 2012, Pingbox will no longer be available on Yahoo! Messenger. If you've installed Pingbox on your blog or social networks, please click here to learn how to uninstall it.

      Yahoo! Messenger interoperability with Microsoft Windows Live Messenger
      Yahoo! Messenger will no longer be interoperable with Microsoft Windows Live Messenger as of December 14, 2012. Microsoft buddies will still appear on your Messenger contact list, but they will be greyed out, and if you try to send instant messages to them, the messages will not be delivered.

      Yahoo! Voice Phone In and Phone Out feature
      Effective January 30, 2013, we will no longer offer Yahoo! Voice Phone In and Phone Out capabilities, our co-branded landline and mobile phone service from Jajah. As of today, users can no longer add new funds to their accounts, and active users who currently have a balance in their accounts will receive emailed instructions in December from Jajah on how to request a refund. You can find more information on how to ask for a refund here, and you can contact Jajah with any questions at yahoovoice@.... Free Messenger-to-Messenger calls will still be offered through Yahoo! Messenger.

      Thank you to everyone who have used these features. We plan to keep innovating and building great Yahoo! products that will delight our users in the years to come."

      http://www.ymessengerblog.com/blog/2012/11/30/updates-to-yahoo-messenger-features/

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic