23928Re: [Y-Mail] [OT] Will Y!Messenger be left out in the Skype migration ?

    Nov 8, 2012
      very good point. I guess it depends on Microsoft and their data on how useful the service inter-operability with Yahoo is. Not sure how this will work out, could go either way, though I suspect Yahoo will fight to stick with a sizeable messenger / vidoe chat crowd (Skype & Facebook).

      From: guillaumebcom <guillaume@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, 6 November 2012, 22:23
      Subject: [Y-Mail] [OT] Will Y!Messenger be left out in the Skype migration ?

      As some of you might have hear, Microsoft who bought Skype last year just announced that Windows Live Messenger will be gone by the beginning of next year and has invited everyone to migrate to Skype.

      There is a way to import your current WLMessenger contacts. However , no word has been shared concerning the current interoperability with Y! Messenger. Currently you cannot add a Y! Messenger contact.

      Will this option be available in the future ?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic