      From: G Pollara <gpollara@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:41 AM
      Subject: RE: [Y-Mail] Re: [OFF-TOPIC] - AOL Mail has a new look and new features

      Very true.
      Especially as Yahoo is fighting an uphill battle against Outlook & Gmail – both offer reasonably integrated calendar, Office/Google docs & cloud storage services. There needs to be a pretty good reason for people to stick with Yahoo to offset probable gain in communication efficiency you get with the other services. For the moment, it’s probably either a)”I’m quite happy with what I’ve got as it suits my needs” – which is completely understandable and correct attitude or b) “I wish I could switch but the effort of changing my email address for the world is not worth it” – also understandable and currently Yahoo mail’s main defence for now. However, at the moment, Yahoo Mail doesn’t offer anything so compelling that someone looking to open a new account would choose that over another service.