23219Re: Is this mail genuine?

  • askey.erskine
    Jun 12, 2012
      It is SPAM, and worse than spam, it is an attempt to harvest your logon info so they can hijack your account. With your password, they can steal all your contacts and spam them posing as you. They can access all your email including those in the trash but not yet deleted, and they can reset your password so that you cannot use your own account!

      Be VERY careful when an email asks for your password; look at the URL displayed in the status bar when you hover your mouse over the link(s). If the URL is way different than what you would expect, assume the message is both spam and a scam. Mark it as SPAM quickly and get rid of it.

      Then, you might be well advised to get paranoid and change your password just in case your account is already being hacked. Lock them out before they can hijack it and lock you out! Be sure to choose a difficult password!

      Best wishes!

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Boeyong Promotions <boeyong@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys,
      > this mail came at a time when I am already frustrated with YAHOO! Mail
      > However, I doubt the authenticty of this:
      > Someone care to comment?

      > Yahooo™ E-mail Verification JUNE 11TH 2012
      > Hide Details
      > FROM:
      > * Yahooo© Mail Alerts !
      > BCC:
      > * boeyong@...
      > Message flagged
      > Monday, June 11, 2012 3:15 PM
      >
      > Dear Valued
      > Member
      >
      > Due to the congestion in our servers,
      > there would be removal of all unused Accounts. You will have to confirm if your
      > E-mail is still active by filling out your login info below after clicking the
      > reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security
      > reasons.
      >
      > User-name:-...............
      > Password:-..................
      > Date of
      > Birth:-.............
      > Country:-...................
      > Current resident:-.......
      > Sex:- ............................
      >
      > After updating your account
      > information,your account will not be interrupted and will continue to work as
      > normal.Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any
      > inconvenience.
      >
      > Warning!!! Account
      > owner that refuses to update his or her account before two weeks of receiving
      > this warning will lose his or her account
      > permanently.
      > Full Names
      >
      > Use
      > this entire address every time