22937Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New "Smart Folders"

    Mar 2 1:10 AM
      yep, you may well be right.

      Also, it's not working well at the moment, in that it doesn't count the number of undread emails from contacts until you actually open the folder. I'm sure that's a small bug that'll be fixed, but it's still likely to be a "beta" feature at present

      From: sy1bzbn <sy1bzbn@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, 2 March 2012, 5:14
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: New "Smart Folders"

      The "Smart folders" idea wasn't new. It has been in use on the Yahoo's mobile platforms for quite some time. The three "folders" are Email from Contacts, Photos, and Files. No customization nor settings is available. I'm afraid that those predefined filters may be all there is to it.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to see Yahoo! implement the following Smart Folders:
      >
      > Unread Emails - to show all unread emails regardless of folder location
      >
      > Flagged/Starred emails - to show all of these regardless of folder location
      >
      > User Defined Smart Folders or "labels" - these would be the equivalent of Gmail labels. Users could apply them to an email regardless of the emails location, and could apply more than one label to any particular email.
      >
      > Kenneth
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > Smart Folders may be plural for one of two reasons
      > > 1. Smart Folder may not sound good.
      > > 2. There may be plans to expand it to more than one folder.
      > >
      > > Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic