22209Re: [Y-Mail] Online viewing of office documents in Y-mail.

    Nov 4, 2011
      It's a nice idea (one I'd have liked long ago), but I very much doubt this is on the cards. If Microsoft buys Yahoo (also unlikely at the moment), then this may change.

      From: Sumit Mehta <mailers@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, 4 November 2011, 11:48
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Online viewing of office documents in Y-mail.

      Since very long time, I have observed that whenever there is word, excel, powerpoint or pdf file as attachment, the Y-mail specifically displays doc, xls, ppt or pdf icon of attachment. This means that Y-mail automatically identifies which file the attachment contain.

      Does this mean that Y-mail is internally testing and is planning to launch online viewing of office documents in the Y-mail itself by developing own application or hiring technology from MS, Google or any other sources.. any clues ...

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic