22188Re: [Y-Mail] Big backwards step for yahoo mail - the end of Updates tab!

  • Sumit Mehta
    Nov 1, 2011
      Please don't think twice before switching to Gmail or Hotmail. Infact, Yahoo! itself hints us to switch over to Gmail or Hotmail by their poor progress. Today Gmail launched new look. It is just great. Nobody can match Gmail for its ease to use interface and features. Hotmail is also far more better than Y-mail. Microsoft is at last paying attention to the needs of its users and improving Hotmail as per user feedback. But Yahoo is watching these developements quitely and indirectly asking us "Why don't you move to better services so that we can shut our y-mail service like we did with briefcase and others products.

      On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Tracy Britton <tbritton2@...> wrote:

      Definately makes me think twice about switching totally to hotmail or gmail....so many dissapointments and they are far behind microsoft and google....

      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      From: gpollara@...
      Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:08:52 -0700

      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Big backwards step for yahoo mail - the end of Updates tab!

      Me too. Sadly, these kind of unilateral decisions, especially after making a big fan fare when introducing Facebook and Twitter integration, etc... is a massive disappointment. Won't do anything rash, but gives me little to no confidence in the email service and may consider leaving. Ridiculous. Not even an explanation (e.g. usage statistics, etc...) Reminds me of the abandonment of the integrated RSS reader, if anyone remembers that.