      From: K-chan <kirikou_yuki@...>
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Reverting to Classic Was: Non-stop bullying
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, October 31, 2011, 12:41 PM

      I generally use the following link:

      Though I'm not sure if it works for everyone, I never seem to get 'harassed' with upgrade notes. Even when logging in I always end up in Classic Mail.

      I hope it works for others!

      From: Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...>
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, October 31, 2011, 9:05 AM

      Have somebody just tried to edit the URL?
      Right now, if I want to go back to Classic I just have to change this:
      to this
      neo => mc
       (I'm using the US version, so, my URL starts with "us.mg5", some people's URL may be a bit different, but the idea is the same, change "neo" to "mc" and see if it works.)

      From: bluehyacinthserenade <bluehyacinthserenade@...>
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Non-stop bullying
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, October 31, 2011, 4:04 AM

      I bookmarked mail.yahoo.com on my toolbar and simply clicked on that and it took me right to my inbox, but I had to do that every time I signed into my account.  However, after having said all of this, I finally figured out what to do.  #-o  Of course, I'm not getting that screen anymore, so I can't quite remember what it said, but it wasn't something obvious yet that you could opt out of Classic by clicking on it.  I think it was the link to access Mail Help.  When I clicked on that, there was another link in their long paragraph that allowed you to opt out.  Once I did that, I no longer got that screen.

      What it boils down to is that with the first screen of dread, the link to opt out was right there at the bottom.  With the second link of dread, it wasn't so obvious.  You had to access help and then find the link to opt out.  They took a step to hide it from view, that's all.   I can't wait to see what they'll come up with next.  ;-)

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Harryh <harryh89@...> wrote:

      > So I gather the next time I'm offered the chance to use a poorer interface, I won't have the ability to continue to opt out.  How are you bypassing the second offer to force you out of Classic?
      _

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic