2167Re: Yahoo Beta with IE7

  • Nelson Pacheco
    Feb 1, 2006
      Chris,

      I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
      are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.

      So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:

      Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
      script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
      registry editor.

      This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
      the lines.
      Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
      SAVE AS TYPE: all files
      ENCODING: ANSI

      Right-click ---- merge.

      Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
      What am I doing wrong.

      thanks,
      Nelson

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
      you merge
      > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
      with the
      > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
      the file.
      > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
      time since I
      > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
      >

      > For God and Country,
      > Sarah Flemming
      > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
      >
      > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
      established." --
      > Proverbs 16:3

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer
      sion\Int
      > rnet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
      > "Version"="MSIE 6.0"

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer
      sion\Int
      > rnet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
      > "SV1"=""
      > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet
      Explorer\Version
      > Vector]
      > "IE"="6.0000"

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Interne
      > Settings\5.0\User Agent]
      > "Version"="MSIE 6.0"

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Interne
      > Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
      > "SV1"=""
      > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version
      Vector]
      > "IE"="6.0000"
      >

      > **** Copy between these lines ****
      >

      > Be warned - it's looking like this IE doesn't render the Compose
      properly -
      > my deletes and pastes are showing up a little strange.
      >
      > Chris

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic