2164Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo Beta with IE7

  • Chris Price
    Feb 1, 2006
      I can only suggest that you did something wrong with the Registry changes - see this picture to see Y! Mail Beta in IE7 Beta2:

      http://static.flickr.com/17/94054941_fe737c3234_o.jpg

      I've attached the actual .reg file that will set IE to tell pages to pretend to be IE6, and below is the contents of the file incase the attachment is blocked. All you do is merge these entries into your Registry.

      **** Put into new text file with .reg extension ****

      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
      "Version"="MSIE 6.0"
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
      "SV1"=""
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version Vector]
      "IE"="6.0000"
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
      "Version"="MSIE 6.0"
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
      "SV1"=""
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version Vector]
      "IE"="6.0000"

      **** Copy between these lines ****

      Be warned - it's looking like this IE doesn't render the Compose properly - my deletes and pastes are showing up a little strange.

      Chris.