20680Re: I am NOT happy........

  • Gabriel
    May 7 1:25 PM
      You are not obliged to sign up to beta at present so you may want to give it a try first. It's actually supposed to be lighter on resources and faster. It can also be run in same way as Classic (i.e. no preview panes, whole page scrolling, etc...). Messenger can be turned off, as can any updates (facebook, twitter, etc...) and if apps not being used they don't run, leaving just the email programme.

      However, you are right that you will need to upgrade browser to at least IE7, FF 3 (and don't know about Chrome)

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Harryh <harryh89@...> wrote:

      > I got it as well and, like you, am not particularly pleased.  Previous versions replacing Classic have all been bloated with excess garbage.  I only want mail.  I do not want chat or other frills.  I know that after the change I will not be able to use mail on my ancient W98 laptop with it's browser restrictions (maybe).

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic