20243Re: [Y-Mail] Problems merging duplicated contacs

  • Craig Wright
    Feb 28, 2011
      Hi Henrique,

      Is it only those five contacts? Is it always those five contacts? If you sync with Facebook again, do you get new dupes or do those same dupes remain?

      The interesting thing to me is the Facebook sync automatically merges with existing contacts IF the data is exactly the same, or a subset of, the data in the existing contact. I think there is something special about those five that is keeping them from being merged.

      One other thing you might check out. The "merge" process basically takes the fields from Contact A, adds them to Contact B, and then deletes Contact A. You might check to see if one of the two contacts actually did get merged, but the other didn't get deleted.

      Thanks!
      Craig

      On Feb 19, 2011, at 7:01 PM, Henrique de Castro wrote:

      From time to time I use to import my contacts from Facebook to my contacs list in Yahoo Mail. After doing that, sometimes, I get duplicated entries in my contacs list.

      That should not be a problem, because we have the “fix duplicate entries” to get rid of the redundand contacts, but it is not working.

      The tool DO find 5 redundant entries, but after doing the process to merge the contacts a lot of times, nothing has changed, I allways have the same 5 redundant entries.

      Anyone with this problem?

      Before: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1622/capturadetela808unready.png

      After: http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1622/capturadetela808unready.png

      --