20118Yahoo Classic Mail - auto-suggest issue resolved

  • gordon_groups_pm
    Jan 18, 2011
      Just a quick update to let folks know that the issue with Classic Mail no longer auto suggesting addresses should now be resolved (in truth, the root cause of the problem is still there and being worked on, but the team has managed to put a patch in place that should make the feature work again until they have a chance to complete the real fix).

      If I'm wrong and you're still experiencing the problem, please let Customer Care know:
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/help_p.html

      Apologies for the inconvenience.

      - Gordon

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gordon_groups_pm" <gordonst@...> wrote:

      > I work for Yahoo!, mainly on Yahoo! Groups in the past, but I have recently begun spending more time on Mail.
      >
      > Anyway, this is a known issue that began on Classic last week. It's been a tricky problem to resolve quickly because addressing the root causes involves a bunch of different teams at Yahoo! (not just the Mail team). Access to the contact list, which is at the heart of the issue, is run by the platform group, since it's a shared resource across all of Yahoo.
      >
      > But folks have definitely been working the problem hard, and I'll post an update about when we expect it to be fixed as soon as I know more. Thanks,
      >
      > - Gordon
      > Yahoo!
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Little Me" <littleme_hi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, I would like to also know how to fix this problem. I have tried re-booting and signing in/out of my email account but, the problem remains. It happens on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and I'd love to know how to fix it so it auto-fills like it used to whenever I tried to send an email.
      > >
      > > Mimi
      > > >
      > > > --- On Sat, 1/8/11, Chris B <chrisjbrady@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > With Win 7 IE8 and Chrome I have auto-fill 'on.' However just recently I've noticed that when I create a new email Yahoo Mail doesn't auto-fill addresses in the To: CC: and BC: fields. This is a pain. For example I have a number of family contacts with the name 'brady' I used to be able to type into the To: field something like 'bra' and Yahoo would provide me with drop down menu from my contacts of all of those choices. I then clicked on the ones I needed as recipients. Now this feature doesn't work. Grrr!!! Chris B.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic