19939Re: Self-Duplicating Contact Info

  • peterlebensold
    Dec 3, 2010
      Thanks Craig, for the response.

      It happens when I am in Yahoo Mail. I click on "Contacts" on the left of the screen and then select any of the contacts I have. On opening, the name at the top of the page is duplicated ["John Smith, John Smith" - with comma]. What I have JUST noticed is that this does not seem to occur if the info on the contact is just an email or postal address. But, if there is a phone number, or a note, then everything appears twice.

      If I then open a contact and edit out the duplicated fields, then save, the duplicate fields remain.

      This does NOT seem to happen at http://address.yahoo.com/

      Does this help?

      Peter

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Craig Wright <crw@...> wrote:

      > Can you explain what you mean by "open" a contact? We knew this was happening on save, so if you edit a contact, even if you don't change anything, it would dupe the data. It would be very strange if this was happening every time you view a contact.
      >
      > Also, where are you opening the contact? Can you see the behavior on http://address.yahoo.com/?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Craig
      >

      > On Nov 30, 2010, at 11:44 AM, peterlebensold wrote:
      >

      > (Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it.)
      >
      > Something strange has started happening to my Contact information lately: Every time I open a Contact, the information in there (name, addresses, notes, etc.) seems to be copied over one more time. So, for example, if I've happened to open a particular Contact file, say, three times, the information I've entered appears three times!
      >
      > Anyone have any explanation for this - or a fix? Many thanks.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic