19758Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo help contact

  • Sasafrass452
    Oct 31, 2010
      I think what happened is, the reply-to address is different than the one you received the message from. That's generally how it works, when you get an auto-response asking for a reply. Nothing unusual about that....

      **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

      On 10/31/2010 02:03 PM, ketaki malhotra wrote:
      oh thanks, i just read your reply-post. well i had already written this , so i will post it:

      i also had placed a question there from my other yahoo account too, and just like this account, i got a responce from them which didnt have the purple Y trademark sign etc on the message. But, i have to hit 'reply' to reply to them. If i copy-paste the sender id and send my reply, it doesn't get through. All i get back is a autoresponce immediately with proper purple Y saying something like "this is not aa valid yahoo address" etc.

      But if i try to hit 'reply', and reply to those mails, then it gets through.

      Well, let me explain. For example first i place my question on the help form. Then i get a responce from suppose in-mail@...-inc.com asking for further details and explanation of my issue. Now i have two choices, whether to hit 'reply' and reply back, or to copy-paste 'in-mail@...-inc.com' into the To field and reply back.

      So the first way, the message gets through, but the second way if i implement, i just get a autoresponce from Yahoo (purple Y and domain key) that 'Thankyou for contacting you, but this email address is not in use'. Something like that responce.