19471Re: [Y-Mail] Y!Mail fans : keep an eye here today

    Sep 16, 2010
      Thanks Guillaume. I wonder if they'll aim to upgrade both current "New Y Mail" users + Y Mail Classic users to the new version. Would seem crazy to spin off another version like they did before and have 3 going at once. Will be intrigued to see the plans...

      From: "guillaume@..." <guillaume@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, 16 September, 2010 16:35:41
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Y!Mail fans : keep an eye here today

      Some announcement to be made by Blake Irving about the forthcoming mail beta
      http://ycorpblog.com/2010/09/ 16/productrunway
      The page should be updated when live.
      ---
      Here is the official announcement made by Yahoo! to their employees :

      "Get Ready… Yahoo! Mail Beta Is Coming
      Don't blink. Some big changes are happening to your Yahoo! Mail.
      In the next few weeks, you'll be able to experience Yahoo! Mail Beta, a faster, cleaner, and safer way for you to communicate and share with the people you care about most. It's part of our ongoing commitment to deliver the best email service for the 281 million people around the world who use our product. Once the changes roll out, you'll notice a snappier feel to many of the core features in Yahoo! Mail. For a sneak peek, check out our Yahoo! Product Runway media event that our Chief Product Officer Blake Irving is hosting today.
      Here's what you should expect in Yahoo! Mail Beta:

      It shines
      Yahoo! Mail Beta will have a cleaner, sleeker interface that will make it easier for you to navigate through your inbox and use other features built into the product. You'll see this look and feel when you go access Yahoo! Mail Beta on your PC browser, mobile device, or tablet.
      It's fast
      We've been re-architecting many core features across the product to improve the Yahoo! Mail experience. And with the addition of our cutting edge cloud technology, Yahoo! Mail will become faster and more accessible, enabling users to download and respond to messages in lightning speed.
      It's an anti-spam warrior
      Yahoo! Mail Beta will continue to offer great anti-spam features to keep your inbox free of clutter. Yahoo! Mail is the #1 email provider in protecting users from spam, and our inboxes had fewer spam messages than our competitors, according to a 2010 study by the Fraunhofer Institute .
      It keeps you connected
      Managing your social life will become simpler since you'll be able to view and update your Facebook and Twitterpages from your inbox.
      It's more than just email
      We are enhancing a number of features into the product, such as video, photo sharing tools, a new version of Yahoo! Messenger, easier ways to SMS, and a refurbished inbox search page."

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic