      From: Shal Farley <shalf@...>
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] OT : The new Y! Groups looks great to me
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 1:17 PM

      GuillaumeB,

      >Can't wait to activate this update over here :) Not sure why It
      >was largely turned down by users...

      That's easy to explain: its Messages section is a substantial downgrade in functionality from the prior implementation. Yeah, there's a bunch of blather about the home page changes, but for me the real issues revolve around core functionality.

      They've already fixed (in between the first and second rollout) the loss of formatted text display in the Messages archive (messages with text/HTML were showing only plain text).

      They're committed to fix the loss of the ability to have an on list reply directed to the sender rather than to the group. They'll do this before they switch any groups which have that as the default behavior.

      They've identified as a bug due to be fixed "soon" the failure to 'linkify' URLs displayed in plain text messages.

      They haven't commented on the related bug that causes URLs delimited by angle brackets to disappear entirely from plain text message bodies.

      Lena, a knowledgeable and helpful member of some of the groups about groups,
      has chronicled many more:
      http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/?p=807#comment-278516

      -- Shal

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic